Finished in 1848 by John Fowler, Drover's Inn required three years of skilled craftsmanship to build its three floors and sixteen original rooms. Around 1850, Mr. Fowler opened up the inn to travelers and drovers who were moving their goods along the toll pike. At Drover's Inn they could expect to receive food for themselves, green pasture for their accompanying livestock, and a bed to rest upon. The inn served this purpose for many years. It was purchased by Mary Marko in 1965 and the restoration of the aging brick and wood structure began. The inn was then converted into a restaurant in 1967 and was purchased and reinvigorated by its current operator and owner, Mark Cooper, in 1986.